Code of Conduct
Code of Conduct for the Members of the Council
- Members undertake that no child labour is used on their premises or in the weaving of their carpets in contravention of the Child Labour (Prohibition & Regulation) Act, 1986.
- Members undertake to get their carpets woven only on registered looms.
- To abide by all social compliances and environment compliances like equal opportunity employer, payment of appropriate wages and overtime with all employment benefits, treatment of all liquid discharge, recycling of water, rain water harvesting and medical and health benefits.
- Not to indulge in copying of designs and styles from other exporters and importers across the globe and support original ideas and designs.
- In case of violation of the above code on more than two occasions the member will be de-registered from the Council and his membership will be terminated.
- Not to indulge in misrepresentation by way of quality, quantity, product, Intellectual property, designs, value and process of production.
The Code of Conduct is mandatory for all members of the Council.