4th Meeting of Niryat Bandhu Committee
6th January, 2020
Today, 6th January, 2021 – Export Promotion Bureau convened 4th Meeting of Niryat Bandhu Committee under the chairmanship of Sri Rajendra Kumar Tiwari, Chief Secretary, Government of Uttar Pradesh. Shri Navneet Sehgal, IAS. Additional Chief Secretary (ACS) MSME & Export Promotion, Shri Bhuvnesh Kumar, IAS, Principal Secretary, Dairy Development, Fisheries & Animal Husbandry and other Senior Officials from State Government were present in the meeting.
Shri Siddh Nath Singh, Chairman, CEPC, Shri Onkar Nath Mishra, President, AICMA, Shri Aslam Mahboob, Hony. Secy, AICMA and Shri Sanjay Kumar, Executive Director, CEPC attended the meeting and following concerns of the industry were discussed in the meeting :
1. Request to include Handicrafts and Carpet in upcoming Textile.
2. Request to approve for reconstruction of Darohara Pool on Varuna River connecting Bhadohi with Lumbani Road with Jaunpur.
3. To complete the construction of Gazia Overbridge work on priority which is life line for the small exporters/ weavers to avoid the traffic jam in the area. Officials realized the importance of the issue and agreed that the matter will be taken up with Senior Officials of Railway in the Central Government.
4. For construction of 4 lane road from Bhadohi to Varanasi, improvement of Road condition near Indra Mill service lane, Ravda Paraspur, Internal Roads and Dahroha Pool construction, to improve the road condition of Gopiganj, Khamaria, Ghosia and to make proper arrangement for sewerage system, water flooded in the Godowns of the Exporters and creating hurdle in the movement of goods and overseas buyers, to improve the garbage disposal system in Bhadohi.
5. To provide Freight & container subsidy upto the Port of Exports to compete in international market.
6. To provide subsidy for promotion branding and packaging of GI products from the region.
7. To waive off the interest on packing credit for 6 months in view of cancellation of orders due to COVID-19.
Shri Siddh Nath Singh mentioned that the officials has agreed for consideration of most of the requests of the Council.